Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hearts and such

St Valentine's Day marks 1/2 of February passing!!! While I do think the story of a St Valentine ultimately sacrificing his freedom for marrying Christian couples who were in love then his life for trying to convert an emperor to Christianity is notable. The way Western society has made it now I feel makes it entirely less romantic than it should be...and so how did I celebrate today's day? I woke up and vomited :) Yes, it's true. I have come down with a nice case of gastroenteritis and spent much of the morning sipping on Gatorade and spending time with the porcelain goddess (aka the toilet). Then once that calmed down, I went to do what has become the highlight of my Valentine's day...sleep :) Thankfully it was not that busy today as I was the doc on call....only one British soldier who made my day just by speaking with a cool accent.

Well, I've got more to write, but it will have to wait as the afternoon clinic will be starting soon. But even though I sound like a horribly unromantic person...it is entirely untrue. I love romantic gestures....just not forced ones. But regardless, in light of the special day, I'll leave a little treat for the gentlemen....girls and cars. Enjoy ;)

6 comments:

El Josh AKA Ruby said...

Happy St Valentine's Day! Sorry that you're sick. Hope you get my care package soon!

Anonymous said...

What is on your hip in that photo? I'm sure it's something badass, but it looks like a tapedeck....Yay, 1.5 months down!!

Ator said...

Haha. That hip item is even more bad ass than a tapedeck...it's the pelican case I had my camera in that I clicked on to my belt loop...not at all like a nerd, but like the most hard core soldier ever!

Anonymous said...

that shot is Ms. February for sure!!

Love,
Oli

Anonymous said...

You "rocked" the hot girl and cool "car" photo well!
We miss you, and if it makes you feel any better... I forgot it was Valentines day.. until some overexhuberant, sappy, friend of mine felt the need to remind me.
Needless to say, I too, watched 30
Rock and smiled...
Miss ya!
Holly H.

Anonymous said...

Hottttt!
Matt