Sunday, February 1, 2009

I am so glad it's not a leap year.

January is over!!! Since December went by fairly quickly due to our moves (starting in Fayetteville, then to Kuwait, then to Iraq) staying in one spot in January made time stand still. Each day I removed a sheet of paper from the 365 Mad Libs calender sent by my sister's friend, Alison (thanks Alison!), and wondered how I would make it to December. The calender was thick memories of the Hawai'i beach, getting dressed up and grabbing a martini or dinner or comedy show with friends, laying out on a surf board waiting for the next wave and the number of days until I get back to my favorite things (having three months in Hawai'i was such a tease).

This morning felt different. I looked at the MadLibs calender and even though Feb 1 had to share a page with Jan 31...it still felt good to look at it and know that I'm a month closer to going home. Time does actually move.

Our last week in January wasn't too bad though. It was quiet in terms of the happenings in Baghdad. We ended it with a bang....literally making bangs with our M4 rifles at the range. I was confident as my range experience in Kuwait was a good one and I shot well. This time...40 bullets...4 minutes...and I hit 0 out of 40! Ha. Maybe February will be my month.

2 comments:

El Josh AKA Ruby said...

Well if it were golf rules you'd be in good standings.

Anonymous said...

We have our "countdown calendar" for you too! We miss you , but find it so much fun to read about your travels! I especially love the I heart camels!
hugs and kisses and we will see you very very soon.
holly & matt