.jpg)
Second, they are brave and great at their jobs. We recently had a man brought in with a fall and head injury. We wanted to urgently send him to the local Combat Support Hospital (CSH), but the air looked like this... (taken just before the incident as I was walking to the dining facility)
.jpg)
...instead of this (taken a few days later)
.jpg)
The air was red. And since I was in the dining facility, they had to send a runner to get me. By the time I made it to the aid station, the medics had him all set and informed me of their assessment. They were awesome. All I had to do was to do my secondary exam and we were set. But since the air was red, they had to drive. I watched them load the patient and drive off. I was so proud of them. And most of all, very relieved they are good at what they do. Since I have zero trauma experience, it's nice to know that I don't have to teach what I only know on paper to my medics. Below are them loading the patient into the vehicle.
.jpg)
And finally, they are funny! I woke up one morning to see this after opening my door.
Apparently, the night medics decided to take the poster off another part of the building and place it on another medics door. The medic who lived across from me told me he felt bad that I had to open my door to it every day so he thought it would make thing better if Jean Claude said something. So one morning I woke up to this.
.jpg)
It say's "Good morning, Ma'am". Yes! My very own morning greating from Jean Claude Van Damme. Though, he is LionhAREt instead of LionhEARt, but that's okay, we've all decided a Lionharet is better. In fact, one of the medics channeled the power of the Lionharet to help him break down a wood stand. They are contant entertainment for all.
Otherwise, it's been relatively nice and quiet and away from all the drama of the company leaders who left to another base!
.jpg)
8 comments:
I'm channeling the power of Lionharet right now....
l,
s
The power of the Lionharet far exceeds any others.
That is the funnest/awesome thing i've ever seen! You love that just as I love Kevin Sarbo/Hercules...oh and i'm also channeling..
check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvzg0NplkLE
love
sab
Medics save my life everyday! They are great.
"Pulling the Finger" is a procedure best left to the professionals.
Are they loading him into an MRAP? Those were just coming out when I was leaving. We just had Strykers and we loved them! Oh and get to work on another blog. Some of us are really bored over here.
oh my god ator! your last couple entries had me laughing so hard i was blowing stuff out my nose! :) i wish i would have done something like this too. i think the 'i pulled the finger' t-shirt idea is hilarious, you should definitely look into it! miss you and when you get back maybe we can plan a disgusta girls reunion, shandra, laura, kelly, you, me, and whoever else you can think of. glad to see you are doing well.
Happy Easter Ator :-)still fan of your stories not Van Damme though.I am glade things are fine there; you will be the master of stitching by the end of your mission!!!Take good care. regina
Post a Comment