Even though we just met last December and under not-so-good terms (I was still fairly skeptical of the influence it can have on people); over time, it grew on me. And I started to really like it. It wasn't the most handsome or biggest gym around, but it was FOB Rustamiyah's Aid Station gym and it was well loved. It was a teacher. I learned from the gym that I can set physical goals and not only meet them, but supercede them. It felt great the day I ran what I had perceived as my "long run" though laughable to some, and kept going to set a new standard. It was a life coach. Every time I went I thought about my days and my life and how I wanted to be. Usually when I found myself straying, the gym would stop and redirect me to the path I wanted to be on. And best of all, it was an escape. I could put on my headphones and listen to the little bit of music I had finally downloaded and enjoy the release of the day....emerging refreshed.
Over the past few weeks, I'd noticed a few changed in the gym. It was becoming ill...losing treadmills, and stairmasters, and bikes. We all were worried, but no one dared ask the questions of "why" and "when". (head and eyes turn down)
If only I had known the end was so soon. I had myself grown sick for a long four days, only paying a short ill-hearted visit in the midst of my sickness. Taking for granted it's ever presence. When I had returned from my sickness, I was weakened...desperately needing the help and support of the gym. But alas, it only had two more days.
I wasn't sure what to do. Confusion and worry set in. What am I to do? Where am I to go? But, if the gym has taught us anything, it taught us to keep going! And I made a promise to the gym. To continue on with my ways. To not let its abscence fail me. And fail I will not. To the gym...this is for you!
(and yes, this was just to motivate me to get away from my computer)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'll send you some awesome workout dvd's... what you want... jazzercize?? STep aerobics set to 80's music? You name it, I'll get it:)
love
sab
Hahah...I was hoping for some Richard Simmons. It'll be over and I'll fill the void with the next gym at the next base. I actually did go for a jog today outside and it was nice.
i can send yoou some yoga...bc it means lots of time spent on little movement...and don't we all love that! : ) ok i can send you some work out shit so you have a nice variety between what sab n i send...poor poor gym.. i wish i knew it.
I got some tai chi videos. The ultimate best way to lower your BP.
Post a Comment